Patterned rugs have been on our interior shopping list for years, unfortunately they’re not the easiest things to come across when you’re shopping in Europe. But as we all know, good things take time and we’re happy to report that with a little patience our love story ended happily ever after! And if at this point you’re wondering why we’re so hooked on the eye-catching pieces, there are 3 simple reasons why:
1) Rugs in general make any room feel more cozy and put together instantly.
2) A colorful or patterned rug is a great way of adding a not-so-permanent pop of color to a space. (Trust us, it is much easier to roll up a rug and put it into storage than to re-paint an entire room – and don’t even get us started on getting rid of wallpaper …)
3) With the right choice of pattern and color, a rug can make other pieces you own (ie. a glass coffee table) stand out much more.
So considering those aspects we knew that the opportunity of decorating a new apartment last summer simply screamed for incorporating the perfect patterned rug. Figuring out the color was fairly easy – after going on a Pinterest-binge we quickly decided that blue was our color of choice. Obviously this won’t work for everyone, so when trying to figure out what color to go for, be sure to consider to other pieces of furniture you already own and the look you’re trying to achieve in your home. In example, if you’re loving bohemian chic, a bold fuchsia may be a good choice, combined with gold or brass accessories. To give you an idea of what we’re talking about, we’ve gathered a bit of inspiration for you on Pinterest.
If you’re anything like us, by now you’re madly in love with the idea and are probably already searching the World Wide Web for the perfect patterned rug. To save you from the 8-month long search we endured, we’ve put together a list of sites you should definitely keep in mind while shopping online:
– BURKEDECOR offers international shipping and definitely has one of the best selections of patterned rugs we’ve spotted in a long time. Amongst the pieces you’ll also find the gorgeous blue eye-catcher by NuLoom, currently residing in our living room.
– WESTWING is a German online shopping club for home & living, which offers up to 70% off the original price tags. While shipping takes some time (usually 4-6 weeks) you can score some amazing deals and pieces on there. And by the way, this is where our blue patterned rug is from!
Want to steal the look? Simply click on the products above to create your own “Blue Patterned Rug” look for your living room!