It wouldn’t be summer without some fun colors on our nails, right? Although there are some shades that can easily be worn all year long (ie. berry tones that work for Spring as well as Summer and Autumn) we’ve picked some of our favorite summery nail polishes for you. We have to admit that we have a soft spot for white nails – fresh during the day, elegant at the nighttime and just super cute when you’re a bit tanned – could there be a better color for summer?
During the warmer time of the year almost every color works, however, we love to go for the brighter shades to match our happy mood. To make your search for the perfect color a bit easier, we’ve rounded up our favorite nail polishes of the season:
Our tips on how to perfect your summer manicure:
1. Trim nails as desired and wash your hands with dish washing liquid soap – this will remove any grease from your nails and the polish will last longer.
2. Apply a basecoat. We love “Nourish Me” by Essie.
3. Based on the pigmentation and texture, apply 2-3 coats of nail polish; let each coat dry for a few minutes before you apply the next one.
4. Apply a sealing top coat when your nails are almost dry. We recommend Essie’s “Good To Go”.
5. Generously lather on your favorite moisturizer and enjoy your summertime manicure!
What are you’re favorite nail polish shades for summer? Do you have any tips on perfecting the at-home-manicure? We’d love to hear them!!