Here’s an idea: Why not invite 5 or 6 of your closest friends over for a spontaneous summer brunch with mimosas, homemade pancakes, crunchy granola and fresh fruit? Of course a gathering like that shouldn’t require much planing (hence the word “spontaneous”) but we still like our table set-up to look a little more special than usual. We took on the challenge and worked with what we had (except for the hydrangeas – we splurged on those) and came up with an affordable, colorful and pretty table arrangement for your next summer brunch. And the best part, it will literally take you less than 10 minutes to decorate!
Here are a few ideas, pointers & thoughts to keep in mind:
– Herbs! Most of you probably have basil, rosemary or mint standing around in your kitchen. Make use of those by placing them on the table.
– Fruit! Berries and the likes are usually part of a yummy brunch anyway – portion them in pretty little bowls and place them around the center of the table to add a pop of color & and an easy snack for your guests.
– Citrus! Lemons, limes, oranges or grapefruit are essentials of summer. Make some homemade lemonade and keep a few extra citrus fruits to spread on the table.
– Old bottles! We were lucky and had some empty Rose Lemonade bottles on hand from the last “Bubbly Friday”, so we used those as vases for single flowers. Other than roses or hydrangeas, some sunflowers might also look nice! Or check out our favorite blooms of the season.
**If you’re bottles aren’t as pretty as these, you could also grab a bottle of golden spray paint and give them a quick paint job.
– Don’t go overboard! Try to stick to 2-3 colors for your arrangement. Our main choices were pink & green – but we think orange & yellow with a touch of pink would also be a pretty choice for summer.