We love ourselves a good bbq-party or a few chilled cocktails on a warm summer night. However, amidst all the yummy food and delicious drinks during the warmer time of the year, we also spend most of our time in nothing but a bathing suit, or shorts and a silky shirt. So it is definitely also a time of the year that should not exclude regular workouts to keep us looking toned and fit. Since we’re not willing to miss out on the next girls night with s’mores, we simply have to squeeze in an extra gym session or beach run. Life is all about balance, right? Today we wanted to share our 5 favorite (super easy, no-equipment-required) exercises for a toned beach booty.
1. The 30-Day Squat Challange: The concept is pretty easy – you do squats every day for 30 days, increasing the amount of repetitions as you go on. Every 4th day is a rest day and by day 30 you should be able to do 250 squats. We definitely think that squats are super effective when it come to working your bum, however, please (!!) make sure you do them right and take good care of your knees. Also, if you feel as though 250 squats are simply too much, that is also OK. You can adjust the challenge to an amount that feels right (“normal”) to you, while still pushing yourself.
2. Lunge With Weights: This is basically a more intense version of your regular lunge. Simply hold weights or dumbbells in both your hands while doing lunges. We recommend doing 2 or 3 sets of 15 reps on each leg with about 4kg in each hand. Once those get easier, start increasing your weights.
**If you do not own weights, simply fill big water bottles with sand or water and use those as your weights.
3. The Plie Squat: Inspired by the original ballerina “plie”, this move is great for toning your butt, while pretending to be a prima ballerina. Again, whenever you do squats, be sure to do them correctly without harming your knees. We recommend 3 sets of 30 reps each.
4. Sun Salutations: This yoga sequence definitely works more than just your booty! With poses like the lunge and downward-facing-dog it includes a few killer moves for your behind, while at the same time also working your core, as well as your arms. We suggest grabbing your yoga mat and taking this workout to the beach, a relaxing park or your deck – go through the sun salutation sequence 5-10 times for it’s full effect.
5. Butt Lifts (Bridge): This one is also known as the hip thrust, which is exactly what you do – you thrust your hips upward, while keeping your feet mounted to the floor and your shoulders touching the ground. This may actually seem fairly simple & easy, but trust us, the soreness the next day will be proof of it’s efficiency! We recommend 3 sets of at least 20 reps, and to take it to the next level you can also do these with one leg raised.